Wednesday, July 16, 2014

How Lip Balm Is Made


I really love experiments that makes us aware of our chemical senses. My two Making obsessions right now are making Do It Yourself Kits and Hands On Learning Kits. I put together a lip balm making activity to find out if it would be worth it to make a  boxed DIY Lip Balm Kit. I set this activity up for children who were between the ages of 6- 16, and they all enjoyed it for hours. I simply put the materials out on the table, and asked  if anyone wanted to make lip balm, they said  "Yes" and then I told them "Great- the stuff to make it is on the table".  Yes, it would of been easier to just give the kids the directions on How to Make Lip Balm, but I aim to involve discovery in our experiments.

                                                                       






They measured, read the labels on the ingredients, sniffed a lot, licked their lips, and made a whole lot of concoctions! When it was all done and over they knew how to make lip balm,, their way and that was the point. Success!

3 comments:

  1. LOVE the tablecloth and the lip balm....we may need to do this project too ... thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like so much fun! We will have to try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a lot of fun! My mom brought the tablecloth from Target around Valentine's Day. I am boy and liked doing this too. Thank you guys for leaving a comment!

    ReplyDelete