Saturday, July 19, 2014

Making it Your Own


The best things in life are unexpected - because there were no expectations - Eli Khamarov



 We help operate a non profit that is operated out of our house, it sounds crazy doesn't it?  The kids help me out a lot, especially when I want to test out an activity that I will be doing. The Marshmallow Catapult will be an activity done in one of our weekly events "Get Unplugged!" it is for ages 6-9 years old.  DJ saw the materials and volunteered for this one. I showed him the pictures from this tutorial, so he could have an idea of how to get it started.                                                             


Now I know you may have seen a Marshmallow Catapult before or heard about it. I just wanted to share our Marshmallow Catapult engineering experience. DJ's catapult kept falling apart and finally he asked can I do this another way. He went and got some tape and the catapult was working to his liking. We have concluded that no two catapults will be just alike! I think our friends who attend  "Get Unplugged!" will totally agree with us. 


We are going to make some targets too, hopefully this will decrease the amount of marshmallow eating :)

No comments:

Post a Comment