Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Preparing Our Learning Space


I am going to try to be as real as possible in my postings and I am expecting the kids to do the same here on this blog. I wanted to share the before photos of what will be our Montessori Maker Space. My goal is that this area is inviting and encourages spontaneous learning that is not dictated by me.


                                                                     


This is our dining room that extends into the living room where if they need floor space it is also available. We aren't limiting ourselves to this area. Our basement area is where a lot of making will happen if it involves messiness and friends. I am going to start with organizing the shelves, then I will add in the new materials that we will be using when school starts, which is probably when I add the new materials on the shelves :) I will decorate as we get comfortable in this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment